CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Poop

LOL well it is the day before Christmas Eve and I don't know who is more excited...me or Blake. I can't wait to share this time with family and see the excitement on the kids faces from Santa. But we are also making a very strong point to remind Blake (Natalie is to little to understand) the true reason for Christmas and he will tell you all about Jesus' birthday and why it is so important, but still he is a typical kid, excited about presents.

This morning was interesting, my kids are always early risers so getting up at 5:30 is not any different from any other morning but this morning I was awoken to the sound of Blake laughing hysterically, and when I went in the room to see what was so funny I saw what he was laughing at...Natalie butt naked and poop everywhere. She had take on her pajama pants, and her diaper and smeared poop everywhere. I had to scrub her down, it was in her hair, her fingernails and on her face. BARF! I am trying to pretend she did not possible eat any, but Blake says she did. BARF again! And getting her cleaned up and settled I spent a good hour scrubbing everything down and disinfecting it. Finally got her sheets and comforter washed and dried and everything back like it was before the poop incident, it was a mess though and both kids continued to laugh for quite a while after wards and I have to admit, I was laughing a bit too...but I was grossed out more than anything. It is never boring with kids.

I will be sad to see Christmas go, it comes so fast and amidst all the chaos it almost feels like you don't get to really enjoy it. We are continuing all our Christmas traditions (Christmas PJ's, Reindeer food, cookies for Santa, Christmas story before bed, etc.) this year. Every year I get the kids a new pair of Christmas pajamas to give them on Christmas Eve. I went ahead and showed them to Blake this morning and he is very excited about them.

Tomorrow we will be going to my moms for Christmas Eve with my family...I have a huge family and the kids always get entirely too many toys there, but even though it is chaotic, we always enjoy it and then we come home and wait for them to fall asleep so we can play Santa. But this year on Christmas Day we are staying home, we have told family and friends they are welcome at our house all day that day, but we aren't going any where. I am making Christmas dinner for the 4 of us. This is something I have never gotten to do, because we always have to rush off to other people's houses, I mean I always have to cook a lot to take to my mom's house the night before, but I am excited to do a whole meal for my husband and kids and let the kids stay home and play with their new toys AND to let my husband have a relaxing day..he has been working like crazy between regular patrol and traffic duty he has only had one day off in the last 2 weeks and they are 10 and 12 hour shifts..he is exhausted and in need of a day of rest, he is off tomorrow but he has to cook the 2 turkey's for mom's house and it is not a day of rest, lol.

I look forward to the new year, new years always bring new happiness. I feel very blessed for the husband I have and the children we have. I don't have much to complain about. I do hope that Blake stays in remission of his tumor, and as long as that is the case, I feel that everything else is just "small stuff" and you don't sweat the small stuff. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment